Wednesday 23 May 2012

Formula One Online - RFactor

Most people will know me only for my involvement with Railworks but I do have other gaming interests, most notably online motorsports.

I am not sure whether any of you have dabbled with online motorsports and in particular, RFactor. Now an older online based simulator, it is very well supported by community mods which range from all forms of motorsport with my main interest being in Formula One. I have been a member of various online racing leagues for around four years now, and the main one I participate in is now looking for new drivers, send me a message via the "Contact Us" form on my website here if you have a shared interest and would like to know more or even participate. Alternatively, contact me on one of the forums I participate.

Here is a video from the 2010 season in which I feature quite heavily, driving a Virgin Cosworth at Monaco and running in 4th place for much of the early stages. There is even a period from 3:20 or so where the video is concentrated on myself being swarmed by a faster McLaren. Being Monaco, he couldn't get past and pitted shortly afterwards. Unfortunately, I pitted the next lap and subsequently blew my engine in the tunnel, I had being running in qualifying mode in the early laps to try and stick with the front runners and build a gap to the midfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment