Wednesday 15 August 2012

Train Simulator 2013 - Exploding Cats And Other B******s

Yes, it's silly season again with the announcement of the next incarnation of TrainSimulator. Time to watch the forums implode with copious amounts of mis-information from those who really know how to run a successful business, it's even started already within an hour of the announcement. I may even do a twice-weekly blog post with the best rubbish from previous days.

I should really do an alternative FAQ as well.

The update is free, but I dont recieve the routes and trains for free. Won't this mean my cat will spontaneously combust?

Yes, but you don't have to buy them. However, there will be no fleafunds.

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree. Same old same old from all the usual suspects on one forum (naming no names... if the cap fits etc.) Haven't had a look at Conspiracy Central.com yet but I'm sure there's some entertaining fare on that side of the pond too.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always happens, as Steve said certain individuals spreading wrong information.

    Also on other means the 'Do i have to pay' question. Yet clearly stated in the FAQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed there is some guff over there Steve, apparently Otto will now post no more until after the release.

    Every cloud and all that........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some things don't change, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spontaneously combusting cats huh, can I sign up my neighbours ones? Personally, I'm looking forward to TS2013. With every iteration of the software, there does seem to be a discernible pattern in that they're trying to push the envelope that bit further each time and do things in home rail simulation that's never been done before. Sure, quite often there's a trade-off between cutting edge technology and performance, function, etc. the more complicated the software, the greater the chance of there being bugs and technical issues. I'm no fan of RSC and I've always thought rw3/rw4 could be more than what it is with a bit more of a conscientious approach to development. However, I know that at the end of the day, the people that work there need to know they've got a job tomorrow and they're gonna get paid - so while most can bitch and moan as long as they like about what they like and don't like about it, the powers that be have a business to run and they're gonna do what they believe is the right thing for them and makes them the most money. I'll do what I usually do when these morons start posting, just laugh my ass off

    ReplyDelete